In the meantime, I'm administering a quiz. As always, study the item, think, and click on your answer. If you're right you'll know it, and if you're wrong you'll see Dashboard Jesus & the Sermon of the Cyclists. And trust me--you don't want to see a cartoon Jesus with an Australian accent admonishing a cyclist.
Thanks very much for reading, ride safe this weekend, and be wary of large cobblestones, long showers, people wearing rucksacks claiming to be drug testers, and Nickelback.
1) According to Saturn driver Zack Colman, why should bicyclists ride on the sidewalk?
--"I cannot drive my car on the sidewalk, so why must you ride your bicycle where I drive?"
--"...roads are for cars, not bicyclists."
--"...with all these things I can do in my car nowadays, such as choose a different song on my iPod, send a text message while driving or fall asleep at the wheel because I had to wake up for a worthless 8 a.m. biology lab, I might not notice you."
--All of the above
2) Saturn driver, sidewalk-cycling advocate and cultural critic Zack Colman is less than impressed with the Showtime series "Secret Diary of a Call Girl," though the star does give him a "minor hard on."
3) Onion editorialist come to life Zack Colman's email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
4) According to a recent New York Times article, 21% of cyclists who died in accidents between 1996 and 2005 had alcohol in their bodies. Which is not a conclusion being drawn by the sources quoted in the article?
--"...let's be careful about blaming victims, when it's unclear whether alcohol was a contributing factor in any of these crashes."
--"There's lots of focus on helmets and bike lanes in the world of cycling advocacy but relatively little on personal responsibility and smart riding."
5) Which well-known cyclist broke two ribs last spring in a drunk cycling accident?
8) According to GM, what's a good transportation solution for increasingly crowded urban areas?
***Special Acrononymous Bonus Question!***
What does "AYSHMB" stand for?