Of course, if you're reading this from some other country, like France, you're not going to miss me on Monday anyway since you're probably too busy watching stuff like this:
The above video was forwarded to me by a reader, and I particularly enjoyed the "fixie weigh-off:"
Though for cinema fixité it's hard to beat this sweet New York City "edit" (forwarded by another reader) that I suspect may have been directed by M. Night Shyamalan:
I'd hate to spoil the surprise ending, but HOLY CRAP THE GUY WAS DEAD THE WHOLE TIME!!!
This profoundly chilling and evocative film gave me the chills, though admittedly they were mostly "douche chills."
And now, I'm pleased to present you with a quiz. As always, study the item, think, and click on your answer. If you're right you'll know it, and if you're wrong you'll see some post-ride recovery advice.
Thanks very much for reading, ride safe, and may your Memorial Day vegetarian barbecues taste only slightly of cardboard.
--Wildcat Rock Machine
("The Levi Effect:" Do Not Operate Heavy Machinery After Watching)
1) According to the producers of "The Levi Effect," when they approached their subject about making a documentary his response was: "Really, you think so? I dunno, man, I think I'm kinda boring."
(Dave Zabriskie explaining to Levi Leipheimer that, if you grow a zany moustache, people will mistake your boring personality for laconic cool.)
2) Levi Leipheimer is kinda boring.
3) According to "Bicycling" magazine, the most bike-friendly city in the United States is:
4) According to the League of American Bicyclists, the most bike-friendly state in the United States is:
(Might as well just use this.)
5) According to a recent study, use of chamois cream can lead to breast development in males.
6) Which is not a selling point for the above bicycle?
--IT IS KEEPER IN MY ROOM FOR 6 YEARS
--IS IN MIND CONDICTION
--HAVE VERY SMALL SCRASHES
--IT IS HAVE MADE ONLY SMALL CONTACTS WITH MINE SCRANOUS
"Because the constant rotation of the pedals encourages you to have a better rhythm and flow while you ride, I feel that the bike is more of an extension of my body than I do with a geared bike," Guity says. Without the ability to coast or stop quickly, riders must anticipate their moves well in advance, relying on a complex technique of leaning forward onto the handlebars and skidding the back wheel.
7) The article in which the above passage appeared was published in what year?
***Special Perils-Of-English-Cycle-Touring-Themed Bonus Question***
When cycling in the tranquil Cotswolds countryside, beware of:
--Furious ninja women