(He's since moved on to riding gravel.)
Surprise! Betcha didn't expect a quiz! Well, you know what to do. As always, study the item, think, and click on your answer. If you're right then great, and if you're wrong you'll see a new spin on an '80s stand-up comedy motif.
Thanks for reading, ride safe, and if you attempt to defect this weekend make sure you're running the correct tire pressure first.
--Wildcat Rock Machine
1) Zipp's new $4,000 biomimetic wheelset is inspired by:
--A humpback whale
("Thinking I might get a license and try a Cat 5 race...")
2) Humpback whales cruise at about 3-9mph but can go as fast as 16.5mph when in danger--just like the Freds who buy Zipp wheels!
3) Bicycling recommends keeping what kind of journal?
--A training journal
--A sleep journal
--A bowel movement journal
--A tire pressure journal
4) Why will airless tires never catch on?
--Limited compounds and tread patterns
--Not gravel compatible due to large holes in sidewall
--Weenies cannot dork out on #whatpressureyourunning
--All of the above
5) Celebrated frame builder Richard Sachs shocked his fans when he announced at the Philly Bike Expo that going forward all his bikes would feature disc brakes and Boost 148 spacing.
6) Which is not a feature of this astoundingly ill-timed election-themed "Freedom Bike?"
--"Designed in New York City and crafted in Taiwan"
--Weighs "a mere 26 pounds"
--Will "Make America Great Again"
7) Fill in the blank:
To fill your queasy stomach during your third 112-mile bike ride, you will discover the best way to eat a sausage-and-egg sandwich: shove it in your _____ and let it slowly dissolve.
B) Water bottle
C) Cycling shorts
(He left out American, someone should ask for his birth certificate.)
8) Before voting on Tuesday, Vice President-elect Mike Pence:
--Washed his 2007 Chevy Tahoe in his driveway
--Rode his sweet Trek 29er
--Took his turn at a public restroom to make sure no transgender people try to use the "wrong" bathroom
***Special Bike-Handling Skills-Themed Bonus Video!"