Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Increase the Piece: Tiny Tools and Propaganda

Further to yesterday's post, it would appear from the comments that I inadvertently managed to offend a minority group--that group being owners of stainless steel automobiles developed by alleged drug traffickers who were later found to be victims of entrapment:

Anonymous said...

Then stay home you fucking hack! The deloreans were for the St. paddys day parade. What do you offer to society?

March 16, 2011 2:54 AM


Wow. This comment saddened me deeply, because as it happens I have a sentimental connection to DeLoreans that predates the "Back to the Future" film trilogy by quite a few years. As it happens, when I was but a child my school bus used to pass a used car dealership, and among the vehicles for sale there was a DeLorean. Oh, how I used to marvel at its futuristic shininess and wedge-like shape as I passed. In fact, so taken with it was I that I used to attempt crude renderings of it in my notebook, and I still get very excited when I see a DeLorean. Even as an adult I have been known to point and exclaim, "Ooh, there's a DeLorean, there's a DeLorean!," and that's pretty much what I did in Seattle. However, one of the people on the ride was so profoundly smug and bikey that she didn't even know what a DeLorean was and asked, "Is that James Bond's car?" Aghast, I replied, "No, that's a Michael J. Fox's car!," and the owner smiled despite the triteness of my observation.

So, as you can imagine, this comment has rendered me rather despondent.

As for what I have to offer to society, this should be obvious. As the sixth wealthiest person in the world I have pledged, along with Warren Buffett, to give away most of my fortune. Granted, unlike Buffett, who's giving his money to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, I'm giving mine to a private aeronautics firm, but the idea is the same. See, this private aeronautics firm is building a spaceship with which they will travel to Jupiter in search of new metals suitable for framebuilding, and when they return to Earth I will develop a new alloy called "awesomeium" and take the North American Handmade Bicycle Show by storm. This may not seem altruistic on the surface, but when show organizer Don Walker (by this time either a cyborg or a disembodied brain in a jar) awards me the coveted "Best In Show" trophy I will then license the alloy to Specialized and donate a small percentage of my royalties to chihuahua rescue.

So put that in your DeLorean and go "Back to the Future" with it.

But my life is not all anonymous insults. In fact, not long ago I was lamenting how, as I child, I could never find a novelty license plate with my given name, "Increase," on it. Well, the Park Bicycle Tool Manufacturing Concern has heard my cries, and look what I found in my mailing box yesterday:


Yes, it's a personalized multi-tool with my actual, real-life, made-up name on it:

Not only was this an incredibly thoughtful gift, but it's also way better than the one their arch-rivals at Pedro's sent me:

That was just mean.

Anyway, I immediately placed my delightfully suggestive small tool that says "Increase" on it inside my dainty little man-purse:

(Because if there's anything a Big Dummy needs more than a fancy saddle, it's a tiny little bag.)

Before you think me hopelessly effete, I wish it to be known that when I traveled to Austin for the "Bicycling" magazine Editors' Choice bike-testing extravaganza, we all received gifts in the form of Brooks saddlebags. This served to underscore the general "lavish Bar Mitzvah" vibe of the trip. By the way, I was tremendously excited to receive this lovely little piece of British craftsmanship, until I discovered it wasn't British at all:

From this I infer that there is an entire "bizarro" Brooks factory in China, complete with a Chinese counterpart to Eric "The Chamferer" Murray.

In any case, I suppose I could have saved myself the trouble of traveling all the way to Austin and instead just bought a counterfeit Brooks somewhere in Chinatown (if your "Broooks" has an extra "o" it just might be fake), though my bag did come with a free packet of something called "desiccant:"

It was delicious.

Also, returning home from my mailing box I used the controversial Prospect Park West bike lane and rode behind someone with a Jizzy hat:

The quality of this photo does not meet even my usual sorry standards because I was forced to resort to my aging smartphone, but I can assure you that his hat said "Jizzy" on it. I have no knowledge of "streetwear" so I don't know if "Jizzy" is like "a thing" or whatever, but I do know that when I plugged "jizzy hat" into a popular search engine I got a lot of intriguing results, though none of them had much to do with fashion.

Speaking of things you put on your head, I mentioned yesterday that my excitingly-patterned Top Gear loaner helmet had a sticker that said "front" inside of it. This is apparently more important than I realized, for a reader forwarded me the following photo which he took in New Zealand:

If I need to spell it out for you, the problem is that he's wearing his glasses under his helmet straps. Something tells me these guys may not be actual pros, either.

Of course, cycling is a dangerous activity--so dangerous that you should never, ever, ever (everevereverever) contemplate attempting it without wearing a helmet, even if it's on backwards. In fact, it's so profoundly dangerous that a reader informs me CBS News has prepared a piece on "bicycle safety:"


Bicycling is dangerous. How dangerous? Each year, cycling-related injuries send more than 500,000 people to the hospital - and more than 700 to the grave. Kids are at special risk. But everyone who rides a bike - child or adult - should be acquainted with basic bicycle safety rules. Here, with help from the National Traffic Safety Administration, are 10 of the most important ones....

That's overstating it just a bit, don't you think? Motor vehicles send like 30,000 people a year "to the grave" and I never see any news stories that make driving sound this suicidal. Clearly we're now being subjected to a full-blown propaganda campaign. I remember when people used to give you "safety tips"--now they're "death-defying rules." They're also ridiculous. Consider these examples:


Make sure the bike fits you. And before you ride, always check to make sure the handlebars and wheels are secure. If you carry stuff, add a carrier so you don't have to keep things in your hands.

Yes, as everybody knows, if you're bike doesn't fit you, YOU WILL DIE! I don't know what the model is supposed to be doing with that derailleur, but it looks like she's trying to mesmerize it into not somehow killing her. At least her helmet's on frontwards.

Here's another useful tidbit death-defying rule:


If your bike has quick-release wheels, make sure they are firmly closed - and use the safety retainer if there is one.

This is good advice, and I see plenty of people who treat their skewers like wingnuts. However--and I may be revealing my ignorance here--what is a "safety retainer?" Do they mean dropout safety tabs, or "lawyer lips?" If so, how do you not use them? Sure, you can file them off, but are there actually people who don't know how to use a quick-release skewer but do take the time to file off their "lawyer lips?"

My theory is that they just made up the whole "safety retainer" thing so when people go to look for them and can't find them they decide it's too dangerous to ride and just take the car instead.

By the way, don't file off your "lawyer lips." If you file off your "lawyer lips" YOU WILL DIE!

And if you think "safety retainers" alone will save you, you're sadly mistaken. You've also got to "stay alert:"

Potholes, cracks, expansion joints, drainage grates, and railroad tracks can cause a fall. So can leaves, puddles, and ice. If you spot an obstacle in your path, be sure to plan carefully and signal to motorists. Cross railroad tracks at a 90-degree angle.

All true I suppose, but why the image of the woman riding a mountain bike in a river? Does this even remotely represent the sort of cycling in which most people engage? Are there a lot of creeks with railroad tracks in them? Is the woman in the picture not a recreational mountain biker, but rather a wayward city cyclist who ignored the "death-defying rules" above and consequently wound up in a stream? And how come you never see "death-defying rules" for drivers that look like this?

Potholes, cracks, expansion joints, drainage grates, and railroad tracks can cause a fall. So can leaves, puddles, and ice. If you spot an obstacle in your path, be sure to plan carefully and signal to cyclists. Cross railroad tracks at a 90-degree angle.

Equally good advice, and equally incongruous imagery.

Given all this, it should not surprise you that our old friend also makes an appearance:


Wear high-visibility clothes. Think neon, fluorescent, bright colors.

I guess the idea behind this is that the few remaining cyclists bold enough to take to the roads will be readily identifiable and thus easily herded into internment camps.

Speaking of the time-traveling t-shirt-wearing retro-Fred from the planet Tridork, a reader in the United Kingdoms of Great Brittania recently spotted him in a BBC television series called "Twenty Twelve:"

The extra "u" is for "ubiquity."

Interestingly, nothing in the "death-defying rules" specifically mentions "salmoning," and while most pedestrians decry the practice some find it positively seductive:

You were like an angel on a bike that I wish crashed into me - m4w (Gold st 5pm)
Date: 2011-03-15, 12:33AM EDT

As I was crossing the streeet, staring into my iphone trying to follow the directions it was giving me, I'm looking at it, and then up at the building not sure I got the right place; "was it 306 or 308 Gold st...." I stepped out into the road cause the traffic on this street was heading east from where I was coming and I didn't hear anything coming, and I did so without much caution. Ah, but I sense something is headed straight for me coming the opposite way the traffic should be moving. I look up and this beautiful girl on a bike is cruising toward me. She's seen me long before I knew I was stepping into the street I suspect. My blank look of dull electronic affixation is soon uncontrollably turned into a smile as my eyes meet her own. She smiles back, and my mind is instantly thinking about how to get her off that bike and into my world. A beautiful dark hair girl. I snap back down to see where my feet are moving and then back up to see her pass, smile still in place. She's peddling out of my life and I stand there in the middle of the street still, smiling myself, looking around to see if anyone else saw this and could tell me if I am actually apart of this. I stand there and look at the spot where I just was and that she rode over. I remain frozen thinking how cruel the universe is for not making me about two seconds later than I was, if only there had been some fat woman walking up the subway steps four blocks back, she would have slowed me down enough for this beautiful girl to have smashed her bike into me. And then we'd be in a pile right there on that spot pissed at each other, or laughing if no one got hurt. And I would have heard her speak. And I would have stole a line from a Bill Murray movie and asked her if she came this way often so I'd be sure to stay on the other side of the street. And I think...I hope I would have been smart enough to get her phone number...for insurance purposes of course. Maybe I'll be there same time tomorrow....maybe she can hit me then.


106 comments:

Anonymous said...

dog

Kenny Banya said...

TINY TOOL

LK said...

god

Kenny Banya said...

Ha! And Kenny read enough of the post to comment a knuck tat.

Podium GOLD!

Anonymous said...

top 5 for america's hat

hillbilly said...

booya

Anonymous said...

top 10

cycle

Astroluc (Find me on Tumblr and Instagram @Astroluc) said...

CHAMP FER

Anonymous said...

Ninth, baby!!!!

Fingerbang Assistant said...

top ten!

Anonymous said...

TOP TEN!

Anonymous said...

er.. top eleven..

le Correcteur said...

Top twenty! But I read it, and carefully!

crosspalms said...

In the teens. Awesomeium! Looking forward to Best Made's line of awesomeium implements, maybe a spoon with some colorful stripes on the handle for a couple hundred bucks.

samh said...

God[zilla], you're beautiful.

I am "a big tool" engine said...

Why all the hate from Pedros?
Did you do something to make them unhappy?

I got a tool from Park and it had "increase" on mine too, so your's was not personalized, unless they gave me yours by mistake again.

I think we should all pitch in and get John Cassidy a Deloren (properly modified of course) and then he can park it in the future or past (whatever he is comfortable with), and we can have our bike lanes.

3G said...

Peddling

OY VEY

Marcel Da Chump said...

Dark hair girls bring out the sappy poet in me, too.

Martin Erzinger said...

500,000?

Some of you are not doing your part.

Anonymous said...

Obey traffic laws

Bicycles are vehicles, just like cars. The same rules apply. Always signal your moves and extend courtesy to other vehicles and to pedestrians. When possible, ride on bike paths and lanes rather than in regular traffic lanes.

Here is the explanation for cars in the bike lanes. THE SAME RULES APPLY

mikeweb said...

I remain frozen thinking how cruel the universe is for not making me about two seconds later than I was, if only there had been some fat woman walking up the subway steps four blocks back, she would have slowed me down enough for this beautiful girl to have smashed her bike into me.

It's just this kind of suave and charming banter that makes it hard for me to believe that this guy doesn't already have his pick of a slew of beautiful young women.

I think Cary Grant said the exact same thing in a movie one time.

Anonymous said...

http://deloreanowners.org/

Live the Dream?

Anonymous said...

Just wait until the public finds out the truth about number of people killed by compact florescent bulbs and low-flow toilets!

recumbent conspiracy theorist said...

Do cooling vents function properly if a helmet is rotated 180 degrees during operation?

Anonymous said...

The tridork that you reafer to is me Brian Smithy.
Don't be such an ass jack.
Yellow isn't my only color.
Have flavours than Lee Press on Nails, Phillis Diller(w/out the yeast infection) and Baskin Robbins.

Anonymous said...

re RCT, 1:02 pm.

It should be obvious from the 14th law of thermodynamics that backwards cooling vents will heat your head and cool the surrounding environment. I have been advocating this as a solution to global warming for some time now. Surprised you haven't seen the papers.

mikeweb said...

@rct:

Only if you do this.

g-roc said...

Great. Thanks a lot Snob; now I'm too terrified to ride home from work.

recumbent conspiracy theorist said...

@mikeweb

Nice.

SPMMS - Seat Post Mounted Music Stand.

DEA Agent said...

Anyone seen John Delorean?

Anonymous said...

RCT, if you wear your helmet backwards and accelerate to exactly 88 mph, the vents will reverse polarity and suck your brains out the vent holes, thereby rendering you a zombie.

Anonymous said...

I heard calfee's bamboo bikes are made from bamboo fertilized with mercury and lead, to make them more chromey and the bottom brackets beefy, but still they ride like utter crap. Specially on dirt roads.

he should switch to reed grass or algae. The man's a green poseur.

Yeah, an algae bicycle!

mikeweb said...

@Banya:

I'm thinking TINY TOOL is probably not a great choice for a knuckle tat.

Unless you're the guy in the 'Jizzy' hat, that is.

AYHSMSPMMS

ken e. said...

@anon 12:58
thank goodness for traffic safety reminders! cartoon knuckle tats for your poorly drawn reality...

TNY TUL
ASS HAT

ZLA GDS
FLY CAR
MJF RLZ

Anonymous said...

I ride a bike... I will die.

DetroitMac

Anonymous said...

Not to be trite or smug, but the in the "Back to the Future", the DeLorean belonged to Dr. Emmett Brown, played by Christopher Lloyd, not to Marty McFly, of course played by Michael J. Fox.

And, to DEA Agent, John DeLorean dies in 2005

John DeLorean said...

Affixation is a terrible disease, striking down our young people before they even get a clue.

jno62 said...

As always, thanks for the laugh.

recumbent conspiracy theorist said...

I will soon be receiving a patent on my proprietary resin impregnated hemp fiber tubeset. Crabon and bamboo are so 2010.

I know you can make a vehicle out of the stuff. I saw it in a movie once.

And it's green. If you want to get on that bandwagon.

Chris said...

There's probably tiny turbines in that reverse helmet that generate the required 1.21 gigawatts

Anonymous said...

"put that in delorean and go back to the future with it" excellent!

seems as though a certain delorean owner, with a certainly less than beefy bottom bracket, appears to have very thin skin. I also have to question the value added to society (and relevance to the event) of Deloreans in a st paddy's day parade (or of a st paddy's day parade in general). seems pretty senseless actually. Question, aside from the stainless steel finish, what do a Delorean and a toaster have in common? a toaster is actually useful.

crosspalms said...

anon 1:26,
Actually that's John DeLorean playing the violin in Mikeweb's pic. He took his backwards helmet off for the photo, which shows him moving so slowly through time that it will never be 2005. Ever the innovator, he sports one of those bicycle scarves that will become all the rage in 2010.

Anonymous said...

TORX FOR?

DEA Agent said...

Well then I am going back to at least 2004 in one of his cars and give him tat-knuckle sandwich. And see if I can mooch some blow.

crosspalms said...

RCT,
Fiddle-wielding DeLorean wants to make sure your patent won't infringe on his rosin-impregnated horse-fiber bowset

recumbent conspiracy theorist said...

MRFU SION

BikeSnobNYC said...

Anonymous 1:38pm,

BRAK ROTR

--RTMS

Anonymous said...

funny one today. they also don't mention that probably 699 of the 700 who die on bikes each were hit by cars.

Grump said...

A comment or two....or three

I'm not exactly clear on what you mean when you say that you still get "excited" when you see a DeLorean. Does it happen to have anything to do with a jizzy hat?

Safety retainers were silly little pieces of metal riveted to your front dropouts to prevent your wheel from falling out, even if your QR is loose.

I'm all for spots that encourage the public's fear of bike riding. The fewer riders' feelings that I hurt by not waiving back at them, the better.

Anonymous said...

BJRHT Backwards Jizzy Roman Helmet Tool.

No safety retainer.

Neil said...

As you likely know, the British use the standard Canadian spelling , which an 'ou' in words such as "colour", "labour", and "endeavour". This is an adaptation of the original AmericoLatin, which omits the U.

Anonymous said...

Maybe your Delorean-loving hater just doesn't know what affable means.

crosspalms said...

Thus explaining the prevalence in Britannico-type countries of OU-locks on bikes, to the confusion of we AmericoLatinis and our simpler U

Anonymous said...

Whoever first curated the idea of Brooks 'made in China' products should win an award for spectacular misjudgement.

J-Bird said...

Lob, Snobby, this one was a classic. Still LMAO.

Anonymous said...

Didn't Will Smith have a popular song called 'getting jizzy with it', back in the day?

Some Guy on the Innernets said...

Good point, Anon 1:55. I was wondering what set him off. I just looked at yesterday's post and didn't see anything to take offense at. Maybe the guy just moved up from a Mini or something.

I bet those DeLorean owners get tired of being asked if they know where one might find a flux capacitor, too.

g-roc said...

And let's face it Grump, both hands on the handlebar for safety.

NOWA VING

Reggie said...

That was the worst video I've seen in a long time. Thanks for subjecting me to that. The bearded beast kind of reminded me of the contemporary 'hipster-woodsmen revivalists' of the but with an Adam Adam 'steam-punk' wardrobe. Is this a new thing?

PS, I don't think you ever linked to the below cringe-inducing article. But I'm sure you've seen it. Time to go vomit:
http://nymag.com/guides/everything/urbanwoodsman/

Marcel Da Chump said...

DeLoreans for a St.Patrick's Day Parade- that's an offering to society?
Hey, you never know, maybe DeLorean is an ancient Hibernian name.

Anonymous said...

JIZZ YHAT

Our spelling's fine, it's everyone else getting it wrong......

hey nonny mouse

crosspalms said...

DeLoreans were made in Belfast. Maybe that's the St. Paddy's connection?

DELO REAN

David Henderson said...

BSNYC, well played response to anonymous who is a very very angry person (but damn that guy loves Deloreans).

Safety retainers are "old school". Basically a washer with a hook. The washer goes around the threaded wheel axel and the hook slips into a hole on the frame or fork. (probably discontinued because putting a hole in a frame/fork generally weakens it. Lawyer tabs have since replaced them)

True story: Long ago my then kid brother removed the "safety retainers" from his front wheel, popped a wheelie off a curb and regained consciousness inside of an ambulance that just happened to be driving by.

Coincidence, or part of the Great Lobster's master plan?

Jack-off Jack said...

Don't give a shit about bikes. I'm just here for the porn.

Anonymous said...

Periodic Table
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljsUVDOcYB0

bikesgonewild said...

...anon 1:17pm...

...how appropriate that you show up again today 'cuz your name was already mentioned...

...'tiny tool'...

Bike Safety said...

I live and work in NYC and for the last 30 plus years I have ridden my bike to work and to get around the city. A couple of years ago I found out about High Visibility Colors and Retro Reflectivity and put the stickers on my helmet, bike and spokes. I feel much more secure when I ride early in the am or late evening and at night knowing that I can be seen by the car drivers. I can't afford not to be seen as it's my life and safety at risk.

Alex K. said...

topless recumbent rider totes nsfw

Anonymous said...

WTF? You keep misspelling "helment" you bastard!

Etherhuffer said...

Maybe the writer was locked in time and thinking of "tinkies" on the old Schwinns. The little arms on the axles that had a detent that went into a divot on the front fork. These invariable got worn or loose and rattle with a distinct "tinky tinky" sound that drove you stark raving mad. Which is to say that biking safety devices can cause mental illness.

Anonymous said...

Where the hell in Seattle was there a St. Patrick's Day parade on SUNDAY MARCH 13TH??

Marcel Da Chump said...

crosspalms,
Thank you. Mystery solved. There had to be a connection. My apologies to the Anon DeLorean driver on behalf of society.

Anonymous said...

The CBSNEWS istockphoto galleries are full of great advice. The one on symptoms of radiation sickness features a guy staring down a shot glass full of bloody diarrhea.

yogisurf said...

Wow, I'm glad the pissed-off guy offers so much to society...parade cars. Love Park tools. I just picked up a PRS 7-2 bench mount repair stand. A must for working on bottom brackets.

Anonymous said...

You can expect to hear from my lawyers.
Signed,
Juan

CommieCanuck said...

DeLorean's are awesome, one of the few car companies that went around the typical IPO route on Wall Street and based funding solely on an assload of cocaine. The cars were indeed made in Ireland, which is why they got such great mileage, they stop for 15 minutes are every bar(ba-bump).

Pretty much 80% of the US economy ran off cocaine in the 80s. Good times.

Snob, what are you doing for society? You should make tweets about Japanese people for our amusement. (AWw-Fuck!)

Where did all those Deloreans come from? Locally, or did they come from 25 years from now?

Esteemed Commenter DaddoOne said...

my park tool says "Bad Ass Motherfucker" on it.

I don't think it was meant for me.

Jules W. said...

You better give me back my Park tool post haste, else we have a prob-lem, Daddy-O

Nogocyclist said...

In the safety article part 2 said to wear your helmet. Part 4 showed a young girl riding a bike....without a helmet.

Wonder if that was planned?

Anonymous said...

Here in the land of the epic baruttu, I know of a guy who has 3 horses, 5 dogs, a pickup truck, a DeLorean, and a pot curing barn. Not sure what it all means.

Anonymous said...

I need to reply to him on missed connections, I'm not the hot girl who almost hit him, but I'm a fat chick who would be happy to push him into an oncoming cyclist anytime.

grog said...

Actually had a ride in a delorean. Rough and hollow. Prefer to ride Recumbabe. Smooth and solid.

Tyler Montgomery said...

CBS' "12 tips" doesn't even mention bike maintenance. I also like the "don't ride after dark" statement. It would have been more informative to tell people how to properly ride at night instead of saying "don't do it."

Some Guy on the Innernets said...

John DeLorean's book, "On A Clear Day You Can See General Motors" is well worth a read. GM has been a mess for as long as I have been alive, and '57 Chevies are not much older than I am. The book was written before he started his own car company. DeLorean was responsible for a lot of good things at GM, and his car was full of good ideas. Too bad he didn't invent the flux capacitor. Or Mr. Fusion.

The coke thing was late in the game, a desperate attempt to keep his company from going down the tubes. Bad idea, of course. Sorry for posting the more true, less sexy version.

Anonymous said...

Traction on any driving surface

Pinto Flamer said...

Five hundred pounds of road hugging weight!

PawnShop said...

Jovian "awesomeium".

Yup. It's Wednesday, alright.

Anonymous said...

Since when does having basic Boy Scout skills make you the "fashion forward cool kid?"

Mad skills yo! Sad though, that in a disaster situation these fools are going to try to be heros and get everyone killed. "Let's have some cured meat for dinner. I know what I'm doing, I'm wearing flannel.

SKIL LSET

MU said...

but are there actually people who don't know how to use a quick-release skewer but do take the time to file off their "lawyer lips?"

Sadly yes, I've seen this rare and wonderous beast. Not surprisingly, he was riding a fixie conversion with a frame way too big for him and when I tried to show him how to work a quick release he gave me a classic "whatever old man" look.

JDH said...

Lawyer labia!

Dave! said...

In my experience even the most angelic can, on occasion, smell like salmon. Have your cake and eat it too, as it were.

Marcel Da Chump said...

Today's post gave me such an 80's flashback; what with the DeLorean, that Send Me an Angel song by Real Life; and then Commie Canuck's Assload of Cocaine comment just blew me away- back to an off-campus apartment in upstate NewYork. Literally speaking, snorting lines off a co-ed's derriere should count as an assload.

Anonymous said...

And another thing; what's the relationship between Awsomeium and Unobtanium?

Not that I'm bothered, I'm still riding crappy old steel things.....

hey nonny mouse

leroy said...

My dog said he had my mini-tool mongramed for my birthday.

He put a piece of duct tape on the "Park" in "Park Tool."

I loosened the clip tension on his pedals when he wasn't looking.

Anonymous said...

and a person can make a living doing this?

Eddie said...

I wonder if we will see more "dangers of cycling" propaganda as gas prices continue to rise and more people start dusting off their old ten speeds. My guess is that we will. There is a link on Rivendell to an interesting video on the TED site. The speaker is pure Scandinavian Smug and a bit of a douche, but he makes some excellent points about fear being used against cycling. My guess is that the prohibitive cost of driving places will help people overcome their fear of riding the "death machine" that is a bicycle... after all, people fear losing money a whole lot too.

Also, the Delorian, though awesome looking, is powered by an anemic Pontiac V6... a cyclist with a rolling start would beat it in a drag race.

Sean said...

DeLorean owners are typically thin-skinned and overly defensive. They know the car is dumb as hell, but don't want to admit it.

Anonymous said...

Thank God BGW and Commie Cannuck are back.
I have a few ten year olds waiting for you to take a line off their sack.

Anonymous said...

Not only is the Nu-fred on British TV, he also sells TVs to the British:

http://www.next.co.uk/shopping/electric/televisions/1#LID=01_02_09_01_01_01_03

Just Some Guy said...

How do you cross railway tracks at something other than 90 degrees? It takes a long time to cross tracks at 0 or 180. Or do they mean exactly 90 degrees? Because, I'm gonna need some specialized gear to hit the tracks at exactly 90 degrees.

Papa Willy said...

I like to cross railway tracks at 45 degrees upwards!

Lantern Rouge said...

Does the ad for the Ford Explorer seriously say "Roll over for details" at the bottom? Seriously?

Lantern Rouge said...

Seriously, does the note at the bottom of the Ford Explorer ad say "Roll over for details"? Seriously? Nice work.

Twob Rake said...

Delorean had a Renault engine. (At least in europe)

privately selling your home said...

wonderful.this is very interesting.Thank you very much
privately selling your home

Fixie Bikes said...

That brooks bag looks like it costs more than my bike.