I've put together a little quiz. It incorporates some items and bikes readers have been kind enough to email me, as well as some things I've happened upon myself. The way it works is this: simply read the question, make your choice, and then click on it. If you're correct, you'll see the item. If you're not, you'll see this image of former US pro champion, race promoter, and soporific commentator John Eustice making a point. Obviously, you may be able to figure out the correct answer by mousing over the link before clicking. Since I can't stop people from cheating, I'll simply rely on the honor system. Anyway, pencils ready and good luck.
1) $10 will buy you the following must-have accessory:
--A holster for your U-lock
--A pair of nylon crank arm protectors
--An integrated belt buckle/lockring tool
--A presta/schraeder adapter finger ring
2) If you absolutely must use a brake on an NJS bike, the correct solution is:
--Change your fork
--Drill your fork
--Use a clamp-on brake
--Use a coaster brake
3) Roadies like to hug each-other during races.
4) The front Aerospoke of ’08 will be:
--The 32-spoke box section wheel
--The 28-spoke radial aero wheel
--The Skyway BMX mag wheel
--The Campagnolo disc wheel
5) You can only use one top tube pad on a bike:
6) It is currently fashionable to tape your bars only halfway down so that they resemble a dog’s erection.
7) Which of the following can you purchase?
--A $39 Burberry print helmet satchel
--A $49 “lumber-track” hip pouch
--A $29 fixed-gear specific wrist wallet
--A pair of $89 Louis Vuitton-print shin guards
8) Which of the following can you also purchase?
--A hoodie with an integrated bandana
--Skinny jeans with an integrated chamois
--Recessed cleat-compatible canvas sneakers
--A winter jacket with integrated messenger bag