Thursday, April 9, 2015

Like Freds Off A Duck's Back



(By "BKJimmy")

Further to yesterday's Brooks England Blog guest post, I mentioned that on the way home I made a beer stop, and here was that stop:


Even though it's a giant warehouse I was slightly self-conscious about bringing my bicycle inside:


Which evidently I shouldn't have been, because shortly after I sat down a woman riding a road bike and wearing a DayGlo windbreaker and helment mirror rolled right up to the bar before dismounting and pulling up a stool.

For a moment I felt as though I was in some strange Fredly version of a western and she was an assassin come to do me in, but fortunately this turned out not to be the case and I lived to tell the tale:


Speaking of people who are lucky to be alive, you've no doubt heard by now that the Shimano neutral service cars kept running over riders at the Tour of Flanders last Sunday:


The first incident happened when a Shimano neutral-service car — which normally provides spare wheels and bikes to riders in need — struck Jessee Sergent, a rider from New Zealand.

Oopsie!

Then:

Not long after that, a second incident happened when another Shimano neutral-service car slammed into the back of an FDJ team car — which was shunted into one of its very own riders, Sébastien Chavanel

Oopsie again!

Apparently the Tour of Flanders has adopted New York City's ironic version of #VisionZero, in which drivers continue to run over pedestrians and motorists at will, but at least we have a clever hashtag now so we can browse all the relevant links on Twitter.

Anyway, you'd be forgiven for assuming that Shimano has outsourced its neutral service to Uber, but according to them they hire "professionals with many years of experience in professional cycling races:"

At Shimano we apologize for both incidents the Shimano sponsored neutral caused today at the Tour of Flanders.

We especially apologize to the riders and teams involved, Jesse Sergent of TREK Factory Racing and Sébastien Chavanel of Française des Jeux. We wish them a speedy recovery.

The drivers of the neutral cars are professionals with many years of experience in professional cycling races. We will investigate both incidents deeply and take appropriate action.

Right.  Years of experience.  Shimano should probably read those résumés more carefully, because "Drove media car in caravan at 2011 Tour de France" isn't actually a good thing:



In any case, it seems fairly obvious to me that some bookmaker paid the Shimano neutral service drivers to take out a few riders in order to manipulate the outcome of the race.

Wait.  You knew that the Spring Classics were fixed, right?  That's on top of the rampant doping.

Just wanted to make sure.

Of course, if you prefer to watch your scripted races from the comfort of a movie theater or your sofa, you could always watch this instead:
Yikes.  That's everything about cycling and movies that makes me nauseous.

I'm sure cycling cafés, bars, and boutiques everywhere will be screening it ironically.

And in other collision-related news you've no doubt heard about already, BikePortland recently shamed a cyclist for running over a duck:


Naturally, the first thing I did was check the date on the post, and if this was a joke then they missed April Fools by five days:

On the many paved, off-street trails that wind through the subdivisions of Washington County, there are some path users who are truly vulnerable. On Saturday we learned about a disturbing incident that involved one such user, a mallard duck, that tried to cross the path adjacent to Bethany Lake (near NW 185th and West Union).

And then, tragedy struck in Fredly form:

According to a tipster named Steve C., just before noon a man wearing a red and white lycra jersey came rolling down the path near the lake, struck the duck and left it dead, then failed to stop.

Steve said several people pleaded with the man to stop and report the incident to the Tualatin Hills Park and Recreation District; but to no avail.

Well fuck a duck.

Hey, if I ran over a duck I'd be pretty bummed, but what am I supposed to do?  Stop and give the thing mouth-to-beak?  Let's not forget the guy was surrounded by a mob of simpering Portlanders, so he probably ran for fear of being artisanally lynched.  Also, it's not exactly like he took out an endangered species:


Nevertheless, you'd think from reading the BikePortland post that the cyclist should have done one if not all of the following:

--Turned himself in (though to whom is unclear.  Sheriff Daffy maybe?);

--Wept disconsolately and then dug the poor waterfowl a shallow grave with his multitool;

--Found the widow and any ducklings and raised them as his own.

In fact, if you read the comments, even many Portlanders thought the Fred deserved a break, though that didn't stop them from pitching in their exquisitely Portlandesque stories:

Several years ago, a bird hit me head on smack on the front of my helmet. Instantaneously dead. I picked up the bird and took it to work where I gave it to a coworker who helped at the animal rehab facility where he fed it to the hawks. At least that way, I figured something good happened from the bird’s demise.

Wow.

1) This is just more proof that helments kill;

2) You know, you don't have to bring the dead bird to a hawk rehab facility.  If you just leave the fucking thing on the ground something good happens from it too.  That's how nature works.  Where do you think soil comes from?  Sure, the dead bird might just get eaten by insects instead of a cool animal that makes you feel special, but hey, bugs gotta eat too, right?

It's amazing the planet Earth has managed for four and a half billion years without Portland to help it along.

Anyway, eventually the much-maligned duck-killer himself told his side of the story:

Here is my side. I was riding my bike on the bike trail. There was a lot of foot traffic on the path. There was a group of people feeding the ducks. As I approached I was riding slowly when all of a sudden one of the people feeding the ducks dropped food in the middle of the path and directly in my cycling path. I was avoiding people bikers and walkers. The duck lunged for the peice of doof and its neck came directly under my tire. It was accidental and definitely not intentional.

Figures.  A bunch of putzes feeding animals that are better off without us.  What a surprise.

Then--and this is a stroke of genius on the killer's part--he "flips it," consequently "topsy-turvying the motherfuckers," and thus out-Portlanding the Portlanders:

Peace to you all and I trust you will take as much concern about how the chickens are treated that supply your eggs and the chicken (or any animal in a corprate farm) for your meal as you were about this poor duck that happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Again… I am sincerely sorry for the duck… but feel much more pain over the chickens cows and hogs that populate your dinner table than I am about this unfortunate duck who was being fed human food. In addition, I have been hit twice on my biciycle and NO ONE expressed nearly this much outrage much less a dedicated story on a cycling site and oregon live. Peace out. Look for me on the trails because I will be there and have nothing to hide. TY

All I know is the more political Portlanders get the hungrier I become.

Lastly, some Kickstarters have invented a theft-proof seatpost clamp:



I wonder how long before bike thieves just start sawing through seatposts.

Seems to me the ultimate payback would be a saddle that explodes.

106 comments:

Eric the infrequent said...

Sproing!

Anonymous said...

First

JL said...

What's this whole podio business about?

Anonymous said...

i am a robot

Vernal Magina said...

It's not a tumor.

K-Bo said...

That is a picture of a goose, not a duck. -5 points on todays blog.

Anonymous said...

If anybody missed, it, Fatty is running a charity contest right now - proceeds go to World Bicycle Relief, and the winner gets to build their Fredliest Dream bike - S-Works frame, SRAM set, ENVE. Then you get to go to Utah and die of splintered crabon when you crash your new bike, but Fatty will be there to blog about it.

Anonymous said...

I suppose a link would have been helpful:

http://www.fatcyclist.com/2015/04/07/buy-gear-make-a-donation-win-the-ultimate-dream-bike-and-vacation/

Wouldn't normally spam somebody else's blog, WCRM, but I figure it's for a good cause - Bike Relief and makes Sinyard give something away for free.

Buffalo Bill said...

To catch a thief, you need bait?

Craig Richards said...

"...the drivers have years of experience..."
At the minimum that's one year each.

BamaPhred said...

I keep telling folks that professional sports, and increasingly college sports, is just as scripted as professional wrestling, and just as doped. It's an entertainment venue. People come to see the show.

I'm a cranky old scranus today.

babble on said...

Go boom.

What is it about this day that I just want to curl up in a dark corner and cry? Never mind, I will go the opposite direction, and somenow find shelter from this perfect storm of human insanity. Because I have my bike. Looks like a good day to climb a mountain or something... laters, peeps. Much love.

Bryan said...

Well, the cycle racing movie still looks better than Premium Rush...

I guess a cable lock is too much to carry around to go through your saddle rails? (right, it is a saddle, not a fucking seat).

Good to know even if you are a pro on a closed source, there are still cars chasing you down

re-poster said...

Posted as a comment to the original dead duck story;

jonno April 6, 2015 at 1:59 pm
Paging the Bike Snob, Mr. Snob your blog fodder is now ready at the front desk…

Buffalo Bill said...

I'm surprised the portland folks are so worked up about that drake with the broken neck.

Aren't they aware of the duck rape culture?

Anonymous said...

What the DUCK!

Anonymous said...

A fed duck is a dead duck.

crosspalms said...

Cabbies are professional drivers too. Maybe they worked a job swap and didn't tell anyone.

Endo-King said...

Okay;

Here's the buzz:

de Blasio/Vision Zero = the new Massacre at Beziers?

http://www.christianity.com/church/church-history/timeline/1201-1500/horrible-massacre-at-beziers-in-christs-name-11629815.html

And, Bryan 12.23 . . . a cable lock? Really? What fucking sandbox are you in?

Lastly, Portland. Good music, that I've heard. But? Around here? Run over a duck? On the top ten list is, grab the dead duck at throw it a the cop chasing you.

Having thrown my dead . . . whatevs, ducks? Geese? Hawks? Mom-in-Laws?

Paul Bowen said...

Goodbye little duck
You crossed the path of a Fred
And now you are dead

My staffie bitch was off the lead on Wanstead Flats one evening when she spotted a duck on a pond. She charged towards it but neither I nor the duck was perturbed because it was well away from shore...but neither of us had spotted the sandbar just below the surface. Embarrassingly for me and terminally for the duck, Lucy had.

Q: how do you turn a duck into a soul singer?
A: put it in the microwave until its bill withers.

That's all my duck material.

Endo-King said...

Re: Paul 12.25/Duck Material

Keep your Day job . . .

Hee Haw the Barista said...

Throw it in the ocean ...

ROAD KRIL

recumbent conspiracy theorist said...

"It's amazing the planet Earth has managed for four and a half billion years without Portland to help it along."

Nice.

JLRB said...

I thought it was wabbit season

Texas John Slaughter said...

Gun Hill Brewery ...

Complimentary ammo* with gun shaped growler purchase?

*NATO compliant rounds only. DO NOT ask for dums dums or 50 cal. sniper rounds**.


**See counsin Rocco out back.





















recumbent conspiracy theorist said...

Bryan@12:23

-I know, Premium Rush was pretty nauseating but I would gladly sit and watch a sweaty Dania Ramirez ride her bike around rather than the bike race video that I didn't click.

If it's got boobs and stuff in it well then I retract my statement.

jodphoto said...

"drivers continue to run over pedestrians and motorists at will" ...You mean cyclists.

Also, there are other attachment points for seats. This seatpost clamp is useless.

"Sweet and Salty Nut" ...I just got it. Nyuck, nyuck.

I'm not a robot. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

PotbellyJoe said...

"It's amazing the planet Earth has managed for four and a half billion years without Portland to help it along."

This.

I have family in the Portland. The things they devote their time to "helping" is incredible. I never realized how many helpless things nature created.

PBateman said...

all that action in the movie trailer..yet not one bit of karate fighting?

lame.

kung pow duck. mmmmm...takeout.

Anonymous said...

Is the UCI combating dopers with an all autmobile defense? Climb the mountain, navigate the cobbles, and by the way, avoid the cars.
this could make it more interesting like a ral life frogger.

Rufus said...

Gun Hill Brewery! Is that Keanu at the bar tipping a few with Alex Winter? Looks like Snob ambled into a major movie deal in the works ...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/09/keanu-reeves-says-bill-ted-3-is-closer-than-ever

Freddy Douche' (doo-shay) said...

HAH! Made you go back to the bar photo and look!

NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Anonymous said...



That was my favorite part of that whole duck story.

PotbellyJoe said...

"The only way i could lose this race is being caught with a dead duck or a live pheasant"

Freddy Murcks said...

I am not interested in any bicycle tracker/thief stopper kickstarter campaigns that do not feature Julia's boobs.

Kenny Banya said...

"artisanally lynched"

Gold Snobby, GOLD!

Anonymous said...

Hey no more cracks about the duck you insensitive f.....s. I like ducks, they taste like piping plovers.

...hence the term "sitting duck"

That is all my duck material, I am ducking outa here...

McFly said...

Try that shit with a goose. Them fuckers are aggressive. We were gonna feed some at the lake and then we were all "RUN FOR YER LIFES KIDS THEY GOT PACK INSTINCTS!!!!"

I always thought The Aggressive Geese would be a good band name.

chicken said...

I have been hit twice on my biciycle and NO ONE expressed nearly this much outrage


That really was all he needed to post.

grog said...

DUCK SOUP
It's a Marxist flick.

PBateman said...

if he had put the duck in a coffin it would have been a box of quackers

Frederick Anonymouse said...

If that Mallard had been wearing a crabon helment he would still be among the living.

sTONEdEADLAND said...

I saw Helment open for Alice in Chains one time

Anonymous said...


mmmmmmm,

duck.

Anonymous said...

Guess what. Chicken’s butt. Ever see one on a duck?

Rufus T. Firefly said...

Duck Soup - Freedonia! It's Marxist anarchy!

recumbent conspiracy theorist said...

One time I used to live on a farm. We had this old rooster that took a liking to one of the hens. He tried to hump her so much all the feathers were wore off her rump and she had sore spots. My mom asked me to shoot the rooster. So I did with my shotgun. We had chicken soup.

Freddy Murcks said...

It is sort of funny how it's easier for us humans to anthropomorphize the poor duck and feel sorry for his passing than it is for us to actually feel sad for the humans who get hit and killed by cars every fucking day. Poor dead duck = SAD. Dead human smashed by car = BUSINESS AS USUAL; PART OF THE PRICE WE PAY FOR HAVING A MODERN, MOBILE SOCIETY; NOTHING TO SEE HERE; NO CRIMINALITY SUSPECTED.

Anonymous said...

FUKD DUCK

1904 Cadardi said...

A duck walks into a bar and asks the bartender "Got any grapes?" The rest is left as an exercise for the reader.

A snake got caught in the front wheel once, but it lived, so not much of a story, except THERE'S A SNAKE IN MY FRONT WHEEL!

JCB said...

My buddy ran over a racoon at night on a motorbike. Stopped, looked back, saw coon twitching. So he did the manly humane thing, gunned his bike and ran it over a second time. Then turned back and ran it over a third time, just to make sure. Then stopped, walked back to dispose of corpse. Coon half rose, wobbled, dragged shattered body into weeds.

Anonymous said...

vsk said...

Be careful, migratory goose crap is all over the road. Slippery, smelly, then I am sure infectious when mixed with road rash.

Sully hit a goose and look what happened. What's he gonna do?


Miracle on the Greenway ...


Took a long time to verify I'm not a robot. SkyNet's gotten too big.

vsk

recumbent conspiracy theorist said...

It was probably infected with the bird flu. Zombie duck.

Anonymous said...

AT (@) -> JCB

vsk said ...

I was coming back from the boat at Gateway Marina. The dock is 1/4 mile long. Lots of us have dock bikes that would make the average lock bike look concours quality. I was riding down the main dock at 11pm on a Labor Day evening. Raccoon sees me approaching, heads off to one of the finger docks to move away. I speed up to go past. It sees that it's on a dead end and darts back onto the main dock to find a means of escape. I run it over squarely in the middle. My thousand pound department store Huffy and me lift a foot and a half in the air. I keep it straight and look back. The thing (big one) is hobbling a little like a drunken sailor. I go to lock it up and I see it walking up the ramp like nothing happened. I leave abruptly. I didn't leave a note with my insurance company on it.

They are very durable beasts. Hitting them with heavy objects does not work as they just move with the strike. Like trying to hammer a nail in a piece of wood with no support.

vsk

JLRB said...

On another note - if you are going to ride on the MUP to work, and if you are going to insist on playing leap frog Cat 6 games, and if you must wear lycra tights, and if you are a dude, please make sure the tights cover the crack of your ass forchrissake

Grump said...

A bike racing movie?
Sorry, but nothing can top the realism of "American Flyers"
(just kiddin')

As for the duck squasher, I hate to admit, but I once mushed a squirrel. (front AND back wheels)
Should I turn myself in???

leroy said...

Feeling like a dead duck,
Spitting out pieces of his broken luck....

Portland's Most Wanted

Anonymous said...

Apparently the "Fortified Bike" guys never heard of PitLock because they already sell something like this that works great.

I have PitLock stuff on wheels, seatpost and stem, which protects my fork. I just have to put my U-lock through the frame without worrying about wheels or seatpost, which makes locking up quick and convenient.

Quality German stainless steel hardware. Cost about $100 bucks, but for a daily commuter, the convenience and peace of mind is well worth it. Simplifies your life where it matters.

Mad Men Couldn't Have Siad it Cheesier said...

simplifies your life where it matters

Anonymous said...

"Steve said several people pleaded with the man to stop and report the incident ..."

why didn't Steve the Brown-noser" report the incident?

Anonymous said...

gooey yellow custard

dripping from a dead duck's eye

koo koo ka-choo

i am the walrus

Anonymous said...

I once killed a bird with an errant shot on the golf course. Felt terrible about it, the little motherfucker cost me a stroke.

J. Dahmer said...

When I was around 13 I was riding my bike and ran over a homeless person. He was sitting near a camp fire. When I hit him with my Schwinn Stingray II his fingers got tangled in my spokes and were sliced like hard salami at the deli. The pieces fell into the fire. The rest is history. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm finger food.

Anonymous said...

just kidding, I actually did feel bad. Hit a line drive right into the little guy, which made a sickening loud thud, bird fell over, twitched a couple times and expired. But to be fair, a public golf course is not the safest place for a bird to be hanging out.

Anonymous said...

That duck's name was Sam. And his wife's name is Sarah. Sarah is sad today.

Donald said...

Sarah was always henpecking Sam. Ducks mate for life. Sam is in a happier pond.

bieks said...

I believe the Mallard's conservation status of LC means:

LETS CULL

Can probably fit an apostrophe between the knuckles.

Pathetic Old Cyclist said...

What happens when a duck flies upside down? It quacks up, Never hit a duck, but I had a squirrel bounce off my front wheel and walk away dazed and a bit more squirrel-y. Nobody seemed to ask the obvious question....was the duck wearing a helment? Was the Fred who hit him wearing a helment? Were the people feeding the duck wearing helments? Finally, I am in the middle of commooter hell, as another poor unfortunate went to his demise by getting hit by a train at Penn Sta tonight. Alot of that going on, lately

Since we are paraphrasing Jethro Tull tonight......

.In the shuffling madness
Of the locomotive breath
,Runs the all, time loser
,Headlong to his death.

I doubt he was helmented


bad boy of the north said...

hey mr.snob.i like the helment photo at the top of todays post.
you're right....the bird's red,

dop said...

snot running down his nose


greasy fingers smearing shabby clothes

recumbent conspiracy theorist said...

Speaking of Jethro Tull and ducks here's one every die hard Tull fan knows.

"One White Duck / 0^{10} = Nothing At All"

There's a haze on the skyline, to wish me on my way.
And there's a note on the telephone --- some roses on a
tray.
And the motorway's stretching right out to us all,
as I pull on my old wings --- one white duck
on your wall.
Isn't it just too damn real?
I'll catch a ride on your violin --- strung upon your bow.
And I'll float on your melody --- sing your chorus soft
and low.
There's a picture-view postcard to say that I called.
You can see from the fireplace, one white duck
on your wall.
Isn't it just too damn real?

So fly away Peter and fly away Paul --- from the
finger-tip ledge of contentment.
The long restless rustle of high-heeled boots calls.
And I'm probably bound to deceive you after all.

Something must be wrong with me and my brain ---
if I'm so patently unrewarding.
But my dreams are for dreaming and best left that
way --- and my zero to your power of ten equals
nothing at all.

There's no double-lock defense; there's no chain on my door.
I'm available for consultation,
But remember your way in is also my way out, and
love's four-letter word is no compensation.

Well, I'm the Black Ace dog-handler: I'm a waiter on
skates --- so don't you jump to your foreskin conclusion.
Because I'm up to my deaf ears in cold breakfast trays ---
to be cleared before I can dine on your sweet Sunday
lunch confusion.

BamaPhred said...

Last I heard Ernie was pissed off, loading up his Glock and AK, looking for this TY character cause Bert told Ernie that TY had run over Rubber Duckie.

Rubber Ducky, joy of joys,
When I squeeze you, you make noise!
Rubber Ducky, you're my very best friend



josh neeley said...

Is this a comment section or a goddam poetry slam? If it is a poetry open mic, then endo-king is the winner in the "most authentic street person rant" category.

stanthomas said...

Seat clamp:

Always amuses me when I see these "thief-proof" fittings. I have a set of hex bits to fit of every type of security bolt - legally and properly obtained from a mainstream hardware store. What makes them think thieves don't have a set too?

Dooth said...

So, what happened to the dead duck?
What the fuck they do with the duck?

Cipo Snakespear said...

****AND IN OTHER SORT OF CYCLING RELATED NEWS****


Reports of Mr. Bike Snob of New York City, being sighted at the 'Dr. Michele Ferrari Institute of Intraspecies Conversion and General Doping Services', Lucerne, Switzerland. It is reported that Snob is undergoing a human/lobster species conversion.

Fred Fred bo Bred said...

Duck Duck bo Buck Bonna Fanna Fo Fuck Fee Fi Mo Muck Duck!

Arizona Hillbilly said...

For ultimate payback I want a spray that when applied to my bike turns it into an atomic bomb. Hit me and the whole area turns to vapor. Maybe that might help drivers respect my life . Maybe

bieks said...

Arizona Hillbilly - unless that spray also blocks their cell phone signals, won't help. You can't scare people off their phones - too addictive.

Anonymous said...

Damn China steals EVERYTHING

China Syndrome said...

Duck and cover.

Daffy said...

Should have got a grave digger to bury the duck and then send the people involved the bill.

No Duck in RecilOnly Leroy Dig said...

The Peking Duck I had, I wonder if the chef killed it with a bicycle.

Confucius said...

Say Duck First, Ask Questions Later.

Anonymous said...

As a firefighter in the wild and wooly far northern California was once surrounded by a pack of hostile emus. Not sure how I survived that.

Eddie Lehwald said...

Dear Snob, rare is the day when a long time reader (first time commenter) like me hears about an absurd product before you do, but at last that day has come. Feast your eyes on...the Turn Signal Glove as demonstrated by "semi-pro cyclist Charles Hobbs".

https://zackees.com/

josh neeley said...

Is this a comment section or a goddam poetry slam? If it is a poetry open mic, then endo-king is the winner in the "most authentic street person rant" category.

babble on said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
babble on said...

You guys quack me up.

So there was a delayed response to the spill in our waters the night before yesterday, because our federal government shut down the Kits Coast Guard station last year. This is one of the most dangerous ports in the world, so much so that every ship requires an escort, and still our Prime Minister figured that we could do without a spill ready coast gard. Fuck. Now dark, oily sludge is washing up on all of Vancouver's lovely beaches, and we are being advised to stay well away. I still want to cry today, but at least there's always a good reason to smile over here.

Um, and the car crashes were bad enough but what about the Tour of the Basque, with those damned steel posts in the final sprint marked by nothing but a couple of pylons placed on top? A lot of broken bones came out of that disaster.

Some days I wish I were a robot. My heart wouldn't ache so terribly.

Marc said...

Or one could just go find the appropriately sized machine screw with a security head they already make at MSC, Grainger, McMaster, or Fastenal, and the corresponding bit/wrench to fit it. Why did it take weeks of machining to come up with a security head when they've already existed for quite some time? You certainly don't need a whole new seatpost clamp.

Anonymous said...

Group ride + Ford Expedition + Train Horn + RODMAKR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM1ziVu1SE0

JLRB said...

I passed a pair of mallards this morning in the stream next to the MUP - they eyed me Sushpishly

JLRB said...

Duck Duck GOOSE

JLRB said...

Why is it when one beikcyckist hits a duck, we all get painted as murderous thugs?

JLRB said...

I assembelled and traveled upon my travel beik this morning - it is still meh

JLRB said...

generic inane comment intended to creep the total towards 100

JLRB said...

97

99 said...

98

100 said...

99

JLRB said...

uncontested

Anonymous said...

Poor chap... he was just putting the duck out of its misery/saving it from being poisoned... thought Portlander's would have known that! But maybe Portland bread is special

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/mar/16/dont-feed-the-ducks-bread-say-conservationists

dop said...

In rode my wife's bike to the train station today. The roads were wet, but the fenders kept me dry. Amazing. I need to rethink my old position (fenders are for people who can't shower at work.)

Endo-King said...

Re: Street-Person Rant

For New Yorkers, anything beyond the Harbor, Hudson and East Rivers (you can look them up), is pasture.

babble on said...

dop - fenders are for people who like clothes, too. And mudguards are for those of us who love shoes. :)

Aaaaaaaand, on a group ride in the middle of winter, those mudguards give you the ability to see, which is handy, especially at high speeds. Anyone who rides year round soon learns that the fender that protects a rider's butt still sprays out behind the bike like a gigantic rooster tail, whereas a mud guard re-directs the mess to the street, where it belongs.

josh neeley said...

That must be poetry...because I have no clue what you're saying.

Blogger said...

Sprinter - DarKz (170BPM)